Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yes, I Took That Pic While Driving

Driving along I-695 towards Baltimore, I saw the scary nimbus clouds in front of me. The first thing I thought of was, is there an umbrella in my car? Second was, oh cool it looks like the apocalypse. Of course the song playing on the radio was "Firestarter" by Prodigy. Which kinda creeped me out (if you haven't seen the video, Prodigy looked pretty demonic there... Well they always look demonic actually).

So I thought of hell and what it might be like to spend eternity there (not that I'm planning to of course). Two days ago I went to the National Shrine with my mom, and at the book store I saw a book about hell and out of curiosity read a part of it. At Fatima, Mary showed the children what hell looked like and they got scared out of their wits. A vast sea of fire with a lot of blackened human forms screaming or groaning in pain. And then there were the animal-like demons. If they weren't promised a spot in heaven, they would have died in fear, Sister Lucy said. 

Funny enough the song switched to "Crossroads" by Bone Thugs N Harmony. First thing I thought was, what's up with the apocalyptic clouds and creepy songs? Second was, what would it take to go to heaven? How do I secure a spot over there? Can I RSVP?

If I am faithful to the commandments, which can be summed up to: love God and love my neighbors, then everything should be alright. Love God above all. Love my neighbors, and not just those who love me. Love strangers, love enemies, love everybody. Unconditionally.

See how it all comes back to love? Because God is love. He created us out of love. He created us because He wants to love us. And He created us to love. To love Him back and to love others. And a lot of times it is extremely hard. When trials come and things don't go our way, would we still decide to love God? When people betray or hurt us, would we still decide to love them?

This is where it matters the most, when it gets hard to love. When we realize whether we love unconditionally or conditionally. 

The key to heaven is love.

It's timely for me that CFC's theme this year is to love one another. God has been testing me this year regarding this. He's even testing me to love myself. And at times the tests really kick my butt and I would wish He'd stop. But I figured, it's gonna end some time right? I just gotta keep my head above water. Hang in there. Just practice patience and understanding and love and all that good stuff. God wants me to be a better person and that is why He tests me. So I should welcome all of the trials that He allows to happen. Bring it on! Hah. But not too much, okay? Kidding. Whatever it takes to get me to go to heaven. Maybe a lot of work needs to be done on me, hee.

So actually I shouldn't be confident enough to be taking pictures while driving. In an interstate highway. With the apocalyptic clouds hovering above me. 




Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: