Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bibliya Study

I love the Great Adventure bible study series. I didn't expect having a deeper meaning of the written Word would make me realize the significance of the bible in my everyday life. How stories that happened centuries and centuries ago would still apply to my life now and to my future. That God has plans and promises for me, and for all of us.

What's even unexpected is how my SFC friends and I would even bring up bible stories and characters randomly in conversations. And it's actually fun reading all these stories from the Old Testament (we haven't reached the New Testament yet).

And of course when giving talks, it's easier now to apply bible passages or stories on some parts of the outline.

The only challenge is, being the procrastinator that I am, I always have to cram the day of the bible study day. Most of the time at work. I bring the discussion guide questions to the office then read the bible online at USCCB.org. Bad employee, bad!

But the bible study is really great, not just because I get to learn a lot and be inspired but because of the people as well. Today I was having a bad day but when I came to the bible study and ate and discussed and watched the dvd with the people in the group, all my frustrations went away. Camaraderie is awesome :)


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: