Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You Set Us Free

A few weeks ago I was at Arise DC, a youth festival held at the Catholic University of America. I was there to volunteer but given that my job was only to direct people to the parking lot, I was able to enjoy the festival as a participant once it started.

Throughout the worships and talks and anticipated mass there was this urge inside of me to be free. So I took it as a sign when, after mass, confession at the Shrine was announced during the break. "I have to go to confession," I thought. Nobody else wanted to go as it was cold and windy outside haha. I almost chickened out because aside from that, I was wearing heels and wasn't really feeling the windy walk to the Shrine. My feet were screaming "NOOO!"

But I'm glad my feet cooperated because that was one of the best confessions I ever had. I learned a lot from the priest about being in love with God. And I felt so light after the confession, so free. Light enough that my feet didn't ache as I walked back to the festival.

What's the best way to follow that up? Well when I got back to the festival, there was Eucharistic adoration. It was such an awesome experience. I really felt His presence in the room and I thanked my heart out for loving me unconditionally and for setting me free. For setting all of us free even though sometimes we act like complete idiots. Because our Father's love is endless and immune to idiocy.

And what do you know, Matt Maher and his band played one of my favorite songs after adoration.



I love it! Praise God for giving me the opportunity to experience Arise DC, and for His grace through the sacrament of reconciliation.

4 comments:

Vince said...

That's how I felt after confession at Rally for Life!

And yes, I have SF4 and I play it quite often haha. So far I've played Nate and Butch. It is SOOO fun! It's more faithful to SF2, so you'd probably love it.

Kat said...

i played sf4 against rj, then lily, then kiesha at rj & agnes' new house. so fun! and the characters are so buff now. e.honda got some toning done.

rally for life - first time i had confession in a restaurant haha. i love it!

Alan said...

hey you two, i don't have sf4 yet, but i love confession. have you ever had a priest rush you, not pay attention, or doze off during our confession? well i have, and when it happens, i feel like getting back in line for a different priest.

Kat said...

hey that happened to me at palm sunday. i was rushed and i wasn't even asked to say the act of contrition and didn't tell me what to do for penance haha.