Thursday, December 4, 2008

Old Post from '05

After 3 years of ignoring MySpace, I logged back in to my old account earlier today because I had nothing better to do. I read some of my old blog entries there and cracked up on this one, entitled "Frog!!!"

I was peacefully reading a soccer magazine in my room when my sister banged on the door. I calmly opened it and and my sister exclaimed, "I saw a frog downstairs, on the wall! A tiny neon green one!"

AAAAAAAAAH... and I slammed the door on her face.

I realized I was rude and opened the door a fraction of an inch. "Umm... what the heck is a frog doing inside our house and for the love of Kermit GET IT OUT!!!"

My sister realized I was of no help at all because I reacted worse than she did (I seriously have a big fear of frogs - give me bugs, snakes, cockroaches, worms, anything - NO FROGS). She went to my brother-in-law so I slammed the door again, and locked it. Because, yeah, frogs can turn doorknobs. I nervously glanced at the gap between the door and the floor, in fear that the frog would decide to go upstairs and sneak through that gap. The thought scared the crap out of me so I stood on my computer chair, ready to scream.

I then hear excited voices from downstairs. Apparently my niece & nephew are happy to have a new animal in the house. That's nice kids, WE'RE NOT KEEPING IT! You don't pay the mortgage, I do :P

From what my ears gather, my brother-in-law caught the frog and tried to show it to the kids. Once excited, were now crying. They ran upstairs to get away from the frog, so I silently prayed that my brother-in-law would not chase them upstairs because I will not be on the same floor as the frog is!

I hear my sister ask where it was and apparently it was brought outside. Umm... back in the pond far away or just out on the deck where I could see from my window and I could feel the frog staring at me??? My sister whined why it wasn't killed and all and my bro-in-law asked if she was crazy. She said so it won't come back anymore. My brother-in-law said it will knock if it wants to go back. Heh.

Wow I had some serious past tense/present tense issues back then. I probably still do :)

No comments: